The Category Manager Food Service is responsible for driving initiatives to grow the Food Service Category across the Company’s Retail locations. Incumbent “owns” the category and is responsible for developing ideas, initiatives and opportunities to grow the business, and influence short-term and long-term retail strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with the Food Service team to develop, deliver and assess food service initiatives including, Bakery, Heat & Serve, Grab & Go and Fresh snacks across the retail footprint.
• As part of a team, outlines the short and long term food service strategy for UDF Retail. This includes developing annual P&L.
• Actively monitors both food service based revenue, cost and waste and adjusts programs to maximize quality, revenue and transaction growth.
• Partners with Marketing & Guest Insights to analyze key sales and transaction trends from store tests, promotions and campaigns. Leverages Insights to deliver actionable business initiatives to grow the food service business.
• Partner with Store Operations to insure successful execution of key food service programs. Solicits feedback from Operations with the goal to enhance sales and revenue.
• Provide executive overviews and presentations to leadership on results from campaigns, store tests, promotions, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management or Marketing, Business Management or other 4-year degree
- Four to six (4-6) years’ experience and comprehensive knowledge of Category Management in Food Service
- Previous experience in a C-store environment preferred.
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Ability to utilize the data to “story-tell” in a compelling manner to drive a strategic shift in the business or support an existing strategic priority for growth. Ability to develop and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Fundamental understanding of key financial and retail performance metrics
- Extensive familiarity with food service programs including private label / home-grown versus external programs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the P&L for the category
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess the ability to present information to external and internal groups
- Self-starter, strong drive, highly motivated to make change and bring about fact driven decisions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and attention to detail skills are required.
- Must be well-organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks and requests.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Ability to use Lotus Notes email and database platform.
- Prior experience with CRM based systems, Loyalty platforms and other marketing/Guest-based systems a plus.