Responsible for providing support to the day to day operation of the Accounts Payable/Office Services group. Proactively suggests and recommends ideas for driving process improvement and automation opportunities on an ongoing basis. Develops effective partnerships within the Finance team as well as internal customers, vendors and key business stakeholders. Management and leadership of a team of four.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process payables for payment
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices and set invoices up for payment
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Provide support in the Review of Payable. (Monthly)
- Review EDI issues for all EDI vendors (Daily)
- Ability to perform vendor analysis for internal customers (Daily)
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Provides support to the Manager in random checking of AP session. (Daily)
- Review and verify accuracy of ACH vendor payments for vendors (Weekly)
- Review/submit Accounts Payable monthly reconciliations (Monthly)
- Review/resolve outstanding checks on monthly reports (Monthly)
- Supports the submission of 1099 taxes (analysis, keying, importing, documentation backup, processing and sending forms to vendors) and submittal of tax returns for all three companies to the IRS (Yearly)
- Set up new year format in Payables system (Yearly)
- Set up new vendors in Payables System (As Needed)
Team Development & Management:
- Oversee A/P and Office Services associates.
- Responsible for providing employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback;
- Developing employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth;
- Developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning;
- Create an Engagement culture within the organization as well as recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
- Identify ways to streamline tasks and/or gain efficiencies for each department for upcoming year (As Needed)
- Cross training of associates (As Needed)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required (equivalent working experience considered).
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of progressive accounts payable experience.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in management
- Experience with mid-range and mainframe finance systems is required or experience with finance, A/P, G/L based ERP systems
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Excellent verbal, written, people, and diplomacy skills are required.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and attention to detail skills are required.
- Must be well-organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks and requests.
- Verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment
- Superior attention to detail and data validation.
- Self-starter with the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate sound judgment as well as apply logical/critical thought processes.
- Ability to train and educate others on analysis, methods and reporting.
- Ability to use all Microsoft Office software, including: Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Ability to use Lotus Notes email and database platform.
- Experience with A/P, G/L and other finance systems preferred.